Convenient & Reliable Services
- We offer comprehensive solid, semi-solid and liquid organic residual collection services for businesses and municipalities on a contracted or emergency basis.
- All materials will be transported and processed in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.
- We offer quick-turn-around for service requests.
- We offer containers ranging from 15 cubic yards to 50 cubic yards, as well as 100 cubic yard trailers for large projects.
- We offer on-site mobile grinding and hauling services for land clearing operations.
- We accept pre-approved residuals for direct delivery to our facility in Michigan.
- Cocoa can help you reduce waste loads, plant costs and regulatory compliance costs.
- Cocoa offers a no-hassle, lower-cost alternative to operating and maintaining on-site organic material management equipment.
- Approved organic residuals are converted into Cocoa Compost; used in agriculture, landscaping and the turf grass industries.
- Cocoa is a licensed and insured compost facility.
- Cocoa Compost products are safe and pathogen-free
- Cocoa Compost is independently tested and analyzed to assure crop and public health safety.
- Cocoa combines a state-of-the-art compost facility design with best management practices to control plant runoff, spillage, leaks or odors from the waste materials.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Cocoa helps businesses turn their sustainability commitments into everyday management practices.
- Cocoa can provide customers with statistics on how their organic waste diversion helps the environment by reducing water pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Cocoa helps businesses engage their stakeholders, demonstrate transparency, assist local communities and integrate sustainability ethics with their corporate brand.
Organic Residuals Accepted
Cocoa currently accepts source-separated material such as wood, paper products, food processing residuals, yard clippings, and other material approved by the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy, that is separated at the source of generation for the purpose of conversion into raw materials or new products.
- Fruit and vegetable culls and scraps
- Egg shells, nuts, feathers, bone meal, blood meal
- Meat and dairy products
- Brewery and winery residuals
- Certified product destruction, including damaged or out-of-date goods
- Pet foods
- Bakery and confectionary residuals
- Commercial catering and hospitality industry food residuals
- Segregated sports stadium food and paper residuals
- Various residuals or off-specification ingredients from food manufacturers
- Uncontaminated wood waste from trees, including limbs, logs, brush, wood chips, sawdust, roots and stumps
- Paper fiber free of contaminants and non-hazardous
- Yard waste- including leaves, grass clippings, vegetable and garden debris, shrubbery, brush and tree trimmings
- Manure (dairy, swine, poultry and horse)
- Agriculture residuals (hay, silage, straw, used bedding)
Cocoa’s ability to handle low- and high- BOD and suspended-solids content waste reduces plant costs by eliminating the reworking of waste and reducing total waste loads. Cocoa’s pre-approval program only requires an annual evaluation which will increase your plant efficiency and potentially eliminate the pre-treatment of waste water discharge.
Pre-acceptance testing services provided by: